Tuesday, March 10, 2009

scalping

so first lesson learned months ago was that you play the secondary move and not the first as the probability is higher...

I have been puting this to practice and have had mixed results...

basically is the lie and wait tactic.

If I sit and watch my charts, after 10-15 mins I start to feel the market, and I begin to follow the spikes. My losing trades are when I have not gotten the feeling of the market, or when I enter late. Also realising that position size is key. You want to be able to peel off risk early incase you are wrong, and have a bit running incase market accepts the new direction.

EXample:

was short euro @ 1.26816 as a scalp, testing the water. Got out +5.2 at 1.26764 when market started stalling. This made me thing that yes market is short, but not ready to drop yet. Re entered with larger size at 1.26741, took 1/2 at 1.26708 +3.3, retraced and then market moved in, took 1/2 remainder at 1.26648 +9.3 and remainder @ 1.26612 +12.9.

euro ran down to 1.26445 and is still running...I should have held the last part to b.e. need to work on that.

No comments: