Saturday, August 9, 2008

Goals

Revamped the goals post as I was not satisfied with it.

With the end goal already posted (see the beginning), I need to create a stairway to becoming a Trader.

Two Goals need to be worked simultaneously:

A. Getting into Macroeconomics major possibly Mathematics minor Undergrad.
B. Build a track Record.

Those two are needed to help further my career in FX trading. The education to build on the abstract of collecting and testing of fundamental ideas to help produce current market trends. The mathematics minor to help with my work with derivatives.

For goal A, I need to do several things which I will call Ai and Aii.

Ai. Pre-Calc university course.
Aii. Pre-Algebra university course.

As I didn't take advanced math in high school I need these two to get into the university program (See the education debate).

The track record is to apply what I am learning at school to the markets, as well as help me get a job further down the line. Although I have debated earlier that you do not necessarily need University for trading, it certainly does help with getting placements in the workforce to help fund your personal trading account, or get you an institutional trading position.

C. I want to develop my knowledge of derivatives. Currently signed up into the CME FX Derivatives program, which will cover a bit, will have to look into more in depth programs for options, such as 888options.com.

This will help me obtain some personal interests on Future-Spot convergence, Delta-Neutral trading, and Arbitrage.

D. Take a trading position at a trading firm.

This would be the current long term objective. Once this is obtained, a whole new set of goals needs to be created.

Next post will be on systems and strategies.

No comments: